
photo by mario sorrenti
I love a good fashion documentary...I recently discovered one on sundance channel called kate! the making of an icon. kate moss is not in the documentary, but the story is told through her iconic imagery. the documentary features her memorable heroin chic photos by the late corrine day for the FACE magazine, those infamous nude calvin klein ads, and commentary from people like fashion designer vivienne westwood and filmmaker mike figgis....just to name a few.
after watching the documentary I started to think about some of my favorite photos of kate moss....there are so many it is hard to narrow it down to just one. personally, I have always felt that she work best with the marios...that is sorrenti and testino.
I have always admired this photo of kate moss taken by mario sorrenti...this was an editorial on fashion designer martine sitbon for harper's bazaar magazine and kate moss is wearing a dress by that designer.
the way she is posing for the camera is really interesting. sorrenti and moss have such great chemistry....there is always something unique and special that happens between them...and they were such a cute couple, as well....I secretly would love for them to get back together.
I highly recommend watching kate! the making of an icon. if you have followed her career over the years it will definetly bring back memories and perhaps you might think about what photos or moments you like best about her....I know I got a little nostalgic.

No comments:
Post a Comment