Saturday, April 16, 2011

jackie's greatest

Photobucket
jackie onassis

yes, jackie onassis will always be known as the most stylish and elegant first lady...but for some odd reason I have always thought she was more interesting the years after she left the white house, particularly when she married aristotle onassis. its her more casual and unofficial outfits that have always inspired me the most. is it wrong to say that I loved it when the paparazzi snapped photos of her?

this was one of my favorite looks on jackie onassis....the incognito sunglasses, the black shirt paired with those white capri pants...I am still looking for pants that perfect. jackie looks so minimal, yet so classic. this is a look that I feel many designers today are still inspired by...just look at phoebe philo for celine, michael kors, or even ralph lauren...they always feature looks quite similar to this in their collections. personally, this is my favorite jackie era. I am always trying to emulate this incognito, yet classic type of style.

1 comment:

  1. you are right very classic. remember when giada went to capri and bought a shit load of capris from the store jackie bought them from. we may have to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete