Saturday, April 9, 2011

feather edge

Photobucket
alexander mcqueen spring/summer 2001

I feel like there is a major trend with feathers this season....I think my sister was one of the first to rock this look...but if you look at what is going on in film and fashion right now you can definetly see a pattern. just look at films like black swan, who could forget those exquisite rodarte costumes, and of course sarah burton's current collection for alexander mcqueen spring/summer 2011....

I must admit that I use to be a little skeptical about feathers that is until I saw alexander mcqueen's spring/summer 2001 collection on fashion file with tim blanks....who could forget this sensational red frock? the feather details in this dress are quite amazing....such startling craftsmanship. I think what I love most about this dress is the way it moves....almost like waves in an ocean. I think sometimes, feathers can look tacky, but this collection proved me wrong...this is one of those signature alexander mcqueen looks that I will never forget.

2 comments: