Tuesday, April 26, 2011

kamali shades

Photobucket
norma kamali

I have always admired fashion designer norma kamali...who could forget her famous sleeping bag coat and of course her amazing bathing suits...she really represents the way real women want to dress and I love how she takes high fashion to a fundamental level...its not only the way she designs, but its her personal style too, that I find so inspiring.

last week norma kamali made a guest appearance on the sundance channel series all on the line...the show is about struggling designers trying to save their fashion lines and keep their dreams alive....its a real candid look at the difficulties of being a designer. I highly recommend watching the show....

I was so impressed by what norma kamali said and by what she wore...she came in with a black tailored coat with vest and a strict black pair of pants and of course those signature black cat-eyed sunglasses....recently, I found out that she actually designs sunglasses...much like the ones she is wearing in this photo. I haven't worn shades like this since the 90s, but I so love the way norma kamali modernizes this look....I am thinking this could be my next pair of shades.

1 comment: